CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
DocSIG has a couple of openings for leadership roles for the 2014-2015 school year. These roles will allow you to expand your professional network of students and professors and contribute meaningfully to the academic community. The term for officers begins September 1, 2014.
If you are interested in applying for either of these positions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, July 15, specifying which position(s) you’re interested in and a few words explaining your interest.
Arizona State University
1. Chair Elect
· Work closely with the DocSIG Chair and members of the DocSIG leadership team to (1) develop and execute quality programs and networking opportunities at the Summer and Winter AMA conferences, and (2) assist in communicating these opportunities to doctoral students.
· Coordinate with other DocSIG officers about the responsibilities involved in their roles.
· Two-year commitment to DocSIG (September 1, 2014 – September 1, 2016). The nominated candidate will serve as Chair Elect in the first year, followed by an appointment as Chair of DocSIG in the second year.
· The Chair Elect and Chair play key roles in planning DocSIG events at the Winter and Summer American Marketing Association conferences. As such, it is suggested that the nominated candidate attends the Winter and Summer AMA conferences. Some travel funding is provided by the American Marketing Association.
· The position of Chair Elect is a high-visibility position allowing the officer the chance to meet students and faculty and work with AMA representatives in planning student events.
2. Vice Chair of Information
· Work with the Chair and other officers to expand the value provided by DocSIG online.
– Help coordinate the creation of new knowledge resources to aid current and future PhD students and coordinate with the Vice Chair of Communication to market these resources.
– Contribute to DocSIG’s social media presence if desired.
– Weekly time commitment depends on specific projects, but should be manageable
– One-year commitment to DocSIG (September 1, 2014 – September 1, 2015).
· This Vice Chair position allows the officer to network with faculty, students, and AMA through collaboration on DocSIG’s information resources. It includes editorial control over DocSIG’s content strategy.