AMA DocSIG invites all doctoral students who are active AMA DocSIG members to apply for the 2023 Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award.
Deadline for applicants: Saturday, April 1, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST
The American Marketing Association’s Doctoral Student Special Interest Group (DocSIG) welcomes applications for the Matthew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award. This award honors a doctoral student scholar who displays exemplary scholarship and a bright future in the marketing discipline. Nominees (self-nominees welcomed) must meet the following criteria:
- Be a doctoral student or candidate in marketing in good standing at an AACSB university.
- Demonstrated research productivity (e.g., presented a conference paper, published a peer-reviewed paper).
- Be an active member of the American Marketing Association (AMA) and an official member of DocSIG at the time of application.
Applications must be in one single .pdf document including:
- Cover letter as to why the nominee would be an ideal recipient of the emerging scholar award, including a statement regarding his/her personal research stream.
- Current curriculum vitae (including a record of publications).
- (Self-nominees only): One signed recommendation letter from your dissertation chair or a tenured faculty to attest to the nominee’s research impact and contribution to scholarship.
All applications will be evaluated by a panel of three (3) marketing scholar judges and must be received by the due date and time listed above. To apply, please email one .pdf document to BOTH AMA DocSIG Chair, Kevin Barrera (email@example.com) and AMA DocSIG Chair-elect, Brittany Beck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please contact Kevin Barrera (email@example.com), AMA DocSIG Chair, with any questions.
The winner will receive a plaque and an award of $250. The winner will be notified by mid-June and should be present at the AMA Summer conference to receive the award.
To download this information as a pdf, see below.