DocSIG welcomes applications for the Matthew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award. This award honors a doctoral student scholar who displays exemplary scholarship and a bright future in the marketing discipline. Nominees (self-nominees welcomed) must meet the following criteria:
- Be a doctoral student or candidate in marketing in good standing at an AACSB university.
- Demonstrated research productivity (e.g., presented a conference paper, published a peer-reviewed paper). Doing such at an AMA conference or journal is plus.
- Be a member of the American Marketing Association (AMA) at the time of application.
Applications must be in one PDF document including:
- Cover letter as to why the nominee would be an ideal recipient of the emerging scholar award, including a statement regarding his/her personal research stream.
- Current curriculum vitae (including a record of publications).
- (Self-nominees only): One signed recommendation letter from your dissertation chair or a tenured faculty to attest to the nominee’s research impact and contribution to scholarship.
All applications will be evaluated by a panel of three (3) marketing scholar judges and must be received by Friday, May 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM EST. To apply, please email one PDF document to email@example.com.
The winner will receive a plaque and award of $200 at the 2014 AMA Summer Educators’ Conference. The winner will be notified by early July and should be present at the conference in order to receive the award.
We look forward to your application!
Alexa Fox, Scott Cowley, Hillary Mellema, Christopher Ling, Robert Allen King, Keith Smith