Now accepting nominations to the 2018 Mathew Joseph award! See the below announcement:
Greetings Doctoral students,
I hope you are having a great spring semester! It is that time of the year again where the American Marketing Association’s Doctoral Student Special Interest Group (DocSIG) welcomes applications for the Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award. This award honors a doctoral student scholar who displays exemplary scholarship and a bright future in the marketing discipline. Nominees (self-nominees are welcome) must meet the following criteria:
- Be a PhD/DBA student or candidate in marketing and in good standing at an AACSB university.
- Have demonstrated research productivity (e.g., presented a conference paper, published a peer-reviewed paper). Doing so at an AMA conference or journal is a plus.
- Be a member of the American Marketing Association (AMA) at the time of application.
Applications must be in one .pdf document including:
- Cover letter as to why the nominee would be an ideal recipient of the Emerging Scholar Award, including a statement regarding his/her personal research stream.
- Current curriculum vitae (including a record of publications).
- (Self-nominees only) One signed recommendation letter from your dissertation chair or a tenured faculty to attest to the nominee’s research impact and contribution to scholarship.
All applications will be evaluated by a panel of three (3) marketing scholar judges and must be received by Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. To apply, please email one PDF document to email@example.com.
Please contact Ashley Goreczny (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. The winner will receive a plaque, an award of $250, and free registration to the 2018 AMA Summer Educators’ Conference in Boston. The winner will be notified ASAP. She or he must be present at the conference in order to receive the award.
We look forward to your application!
Chair – AMA DocSIG
PhD Candidate – CEBCM
J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Georgia State University
For more information about the Mathew Joseph award, see the following DocSIG post: Mathew Joseph Award and WWW Survey! and the Mathew Joseph DocSIG page.
See the following post to catch-up on what you might have missed at the 2018 Winter AMA events: http://docsig.org/thank-you-for-a-successful-2018-winter-ama/
DocSIG is the American Marketing Association’s special interest group for marketing doctoral students.
We provide opportunities in which marketing PhD students develop professional skills in the areas of research, writing, teaching, presenting, reviewing, and other areas that aid in job placement and career development.