AMA Doctoral SIG is inviting you to a webinar by Dr. Vasileios (Bill) Davvetas, Associate Professor of Marketing at University of Leeds on the insights behind the basics of Structural Equation Modeling (SEM). The session will be conducted at 2 pm CST (8 pm UK time) on 15th April 2021.
This seminar is a valuable resource to doctoral students and early career researchers with as Dr. Davvetas makes the SEM methodology simpler than any resource available. That’s a challenge! Dr. Davvetas will address ten basic questions about SEM and provide more understanding behind why we measure certain things or what we need to be careful about when using SEM.
Sneak peek into the webinar:
- What is SEM?
- Fundamental concepts to facilitate the basic understanding of SEM.
- Ten basic questions about structural equations modeling.
- General mistakes that come up.
- Discussion on basic concepts such as latent variable scaling, constrained and unconstrained parameters, model fit, model identification, nested and equivalent models.
- Tips for responding to reviewer comments in Dr. Davvetas’ experience – preemptively position your research to not open yourself to unnecessary criticism.
This webinar is open to early career researchers in UK, USA, Europe and Asia. We urge you to attend this webinar live as it will not be available as a resource after the webinar is conducted. Please note, this webinar is exclusive to AMA DocSIG members who sign up with AMA Doctoral SIG. Students who are not DocSIG members need to sign up for AMA DocSIG and then sign up for Dr. Davvetas’ webinar.
Remember, AMA DocSIG membership is FREE and only requires you to share a few simple details and your email ID*.
Please sign up for Dr. Davvetas’ webinar here: https://forms.gle/VSFC87C9AQhiSLqL7
The zoom link for the webinar is attached below:
Meeting ID: 999 0608 3924
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,99906083924# US (Houston)
+12532158782,,99906083924# US (Tacoma)
* If you would like to become a member of DocSIG, please fill out the form by clicking the link below (only 5 questions). Even if you already receive emails from AMA DocSIG, please fill out the form, as we are updating our member list this year.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about AMA DocSIG, please do not hesitate to email Divya Ramachandran (Chair, AMA DocSIG) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Louis Zmich (Chair-Elect, AMA DocSIG) at email@example.com.