Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award
Deadline for applicants: Monday, April 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
The American Marketing Association’s Doctoral Student Special Interest Group (DocSIG) welcomes applications for the Matthew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award. This award honors a doctoral student scholar who displays exemplary scholarship and a bright future in the marketing discipline. Nominees (self-nominees welcomed) must meet the following criteria:
- Be a doctoral student or candidate in marketing in good standing at an AACSB university.
- Demonstrated research productivity (e.g., presented a conference paper, published a peer-reviewed paper). Doing so at an AMA conference or journal is plus.
- Be a member of the American Marketing Association (AMA) at the time of application.
Applications must be in one pdf document including:
- Cover letter as to why the nominee would be an ideal recipient of the emerging scholar award, including a statement regarding his/her personal research stream.
- Current curriculum vitae (including a record of publications).
- (Self-nominees only): One signed recommendation letter from your dissertation chair or a tenured faculty to attest to the nominee’s research impact and contribution to scholarship.
All applications will be evaluated by a panel of three (3) marketing scholar judges and must be received by the due date and time listed above. To apply, please email one pdf document to email@example.com.
The winner will receive a plaque, an award of $250, and free registration to the 2019 AMA Summer Educators’ Conference. The winner will be notified by mid June and should be present at the conference in order to receive the award.
About Dr. Mathew Joseph
Dr. Mathew Joseph is the Emil C. E. Jurica Distinguished Professor of Marketing at St. Mary’s University. He holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Southeast Missouri State University and a doctoral degree from the University of Waikato in New Zealand.
He is the author of a number of articles in the areas of cross-cultural marketing, service quality, marketing strategy, health care marketing, electronic marketing, service technology, international advertising and promotion, marketing to Asia and Latin American and marketing education.
Dr. Joseph has been a long-time supporter and benefactor of DocSIG, its mission, and its ability to help future scholars and educators. DocSIG is grateful for his positive influence and his desire to recognize doctoral student achievement.