Mathew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award
The American Marketing Association’s Doctoral Student Special Interest Group (DocSIG) welcomes applications for the Matthew Joseph Emerging Scholar Award. This award honors a doctoral student scholar who displays exemplary scholarship and a bright future in the marketing discipline. Nominees (self-nominees welcomed) must meet the following criteria:
- Be a doctoral student or candidate in marketing in good standing at an AACSB university.
- Demonstrated research productivity (e.g., presented a conference paper, published a peer-reviewed paper). Doing such at an AMA conference or journal is plus.
- Be a member of the American Marketing Association (AMA) at the time of application.
Applications must be in one pdf document including:
- Cover letter as to why the nominee would be an ideal recipient of the emerging scholar award, including a statement regarding his/her personal research stream.
- Current curriculum vitae (including a record of publications).
- (Self-nominees only): One signed recommendation letter from your dissertation chair or a tenured faculty to attest to the nominee’s research impact and contribution to scholarship.
All applications will be evaluated by a panel of three (3) marketing scholar judges and must be received by Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 5:00 PM EST. To apply, please email one pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner will receive a plaque and award of $250 at the 2016 AMA Summer Educators’ Conference. In addition, the winner will also receive complimentary registration to the conference. The winner will be notified by early July and must be present at the conference in order to receive the award.
We look forward to your application!
Brian Taillon, Chair, DocSIG
Matthew Lunde, Chair-Elect, DocSIG